layla

Monday 4 February 2013

London Love <3

I love London! I do, I do, I do! Everything about this concrete jungle amazes me, everything from the hustle and bustle of its busy streets, to its scenic and serene landscape that completely opposes everything that people associate with London: traffic, swarms of tourists, pollution, chaos...the list is endless.
My friends and I take the 4 hour trip to London, each year in December, to shop 'til we drop, eat and drink to our hearts content, sight see, and to generally get away from our small town we call home. Our favourite hotel is situated adjacent to St. Paul's Cathedral and we have been lucky enough to stay in rooms overlooking it. It is simply breathtaking and a world away from home. It's amazing!
Of course, there is another side to London that you cannot ignore: the amount of homeless people sleeping rough in the streets and tube stations is heartbreaking. What's even more disturbing than seeing actual human beings hiding under sleeping bags and pieces of cardboard, is that nobody seems to care! Of course they do, but they cannot do anything for them. Very sad.
Non the less, London will without a doubt remain one of my favourite places to visit and I'm sure I'll be making the trip for many years to come!

Chow for now lovelies,

Love Kirsty xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment