layla

Friday 23 August 2013

Review for Prairie Charms

Hello again!

It's time for another review!
This time, I am reviewing two fashion products that I have purchased from Prairie Charms (find them on twitter @Prairie_Charms). 
I was contacted a few weeks ago through twitter, and given a great opportunity to not only try out and review some items, but to promote my blog by having the link to this review on the Prairie Charms website www.prairiecharms.co.uk. Very excited to be part of 'project blogger'!!!  

I chose to purchase 2 items, and was kindly given 50% off as part of this opportunity. I decided to try out some 'Vivienne knot ties' for my hair, and a 'Jana multiwrap' which can be worn as a necklace, bracelet, hair piece, anklet or any other way you can think of.
My items were delivered in a beautiful gold envelope, and were wrapped in cute pink tissue paper, very girly!


Lets start with the Vivienne knot ties, which I ordered in black. Prairie Charms claim that these hair ties do not leave a kink in the hair. allowing for various styles throughout the day. I decided to use these at bedtime, as this is the only time I tend to wear my hair up. I have very long hair and it gets in the way when I'm sleeping, resulting in major bed head when I wake up in the morning!!! I hate using elasticated bobbles though at night because they leave a huge kink in the mid length of my hair and then I have to straighten it in the morning (which is slowly damaging my hair). So these knot ties are perfect for me.
So..to start, I brushed my hair back into a high ponytail, and wrapped the knot tie around 3 times.



I then got into bed and went to the land of nod!!!
I slept for a good 8 hours, and when I woke, my hair was still tied up (a little messily I may add). I took the knot tie out and allowed my hair to fall down naturally. I didn't brush it before the after picture to ensure that the results were not tampered with! And here is how my hair looked:


As you can see, there is little to no kink left by the knot tie! Result!!!!!!! 
I can definitely recommend these for anyone who doesn't have time to straighten their hair in the mornings, or for anyone who likes to wear their hair up but hates using harsh elastic bobbles that snap the hair. Very happy Kirsty!

Next, I tried out the 'Jana multiwrap', which I chose to wear around my wrist. I love the handmade feel of this piece, and the gold clasp really stands out against the almost woollen feel of the multiwrap. I also placed this piece in my hair, around my neck and around my ankle, but decided that it was better worn around the wrist as a wrap-around chic bracelet. 
The neutral colouring allows the multiwrap to be worn with almost every colour, and the texture of it helps to turn a basic tshirt and jeans into an outfit that looks like it has had more effort put into it. And that's perfect for me!



I am very happy with my purchases, and would certainly recommend Prairie Charms to anyone who is looking for homemade, chic, cute fashion accessories. I have used the knot ties every night since they arrived, and I will definitely be wearing the multiwrap often!  

Find Prairie Charms on twitter:
And on their website:

Thanks for reading lovelies,
Love Kirsty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment