layla

Thursday 24 October 2013

OOTD: what I wore to an autumn wedding

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the lack of blogging recently, I have no excuses, so I won't give any, but I'm back now with my first OOTD post! I'm not sure how these are supposed to pan out so bare with me!

It was my eldest cousin's wedding on Saturday, set in a beautiful local church, and followed by an amazing wedding breakfast and evening party at a place not far from where we all live in sunny Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire (yes that was my attempt at sarcasm...it's freezing here!!!) 
I had never been to a church wedding before, and I had certainly never had to choose a wedding guest outfit in the autumn/winter! Never the less, I decided to wear a dress, as trouser suits/jumpsuits just aren't for me. Being a tiny 5ft 1 means that most clothes swamp me, so I chose a dress that would make me look in proportion. I also wore big heels to help me gain a few inches!!! 
I already had the shoes I wanted to wear, so I simply had the task of going out and finding a dress! Ha! What a nightmare this was...I couldn't find one I liked anywhere. I tried River Island, Miss Selfridge, Next, Primark, Oasis, Dorothy Perkins, Lipsy, Monsoon, Warehouse, and finally stumbled across Topshop where usually the clothes really don't suit me. 
On this occasion however, I spotted a lovely black (yes black) tea dress, with orange flowers printed all over it, for £45. I hadn't wanted to wear black but once I tried it on, I knew I had to get it. The fit was amazing, and I felt good for the first time in ages!!! So I bought it! 
On the day, I teamed the dress with a necklace my sister made me, a ring I bought from river island last year for approx £8 and the shoes I already had from Miss selfridge that cost £39.99.


And here is the look: 


I did attempt to apply lots of fake tan but I'm useless at it and as you can see, I'm a tad on the pale side!!! But I still felt great! 

What do you think? Are you struggling to find a wedding outfit for the autumn/winter? 
Let me know!

Please share your links with me too and I'll follow :) 

Lots of love
Kirsty xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the floral print on your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..me too hehe :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love weddings. You look great; such a pretty dress, perfect for a wedding. Sounds like you had a lovely day :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did, it was a fab day :) thanks for the comment lovelies xxx

    ReplyDelete